Contact: Randolph Community College, Attn Regina Brewer 336-628-4556 firstname.lastname@example.orgCourse description Randolph CC 2023.pdf
This course is designed to show fire investigators, fire protection officials, fire inspectors, attorneys and insurance agents the common origins and causes of commercial kitchen system fires. It has been approved by The North Carolina Building Code council for 6 hours of continuing education in either Fire Prevention, Building or Mechanical code disciplines. It has also been approved by the North Carolina Fire & Rescue Commission, Fire Arson Review Board for NC Fire Arson Investigator Recertification.
This one-day course uses video, virtual picture tours and PowerPoint to take you into commercial kitchen systems and onto rooftops to reveal code deficiencies. You will learn how to recognize many of the investigation challenges of kitchen systems. A virtual tour of real case studies will show you the worst of what can happen.
- Components of exhaust and fire suppression systems.
- Construction, installation and maintenance of commercial kitchen ventilation
- Understanding codes and standards: NFPA 96, IMC, UL 300 and other code requirements.
- Why fires are not controlled
- Common sources of kitchen fires
- Why fire suppression systems fail
- Common exhaust systems deficiencies
- How to gather fragile evidence